Georgie Brooks will release her book A Year in the Mud and the Toast and the Tears in February 2020...Get to know her a little better with our deeply probing 11 Questions in 11 Minutes
- What is your idea of bliss?
Eating toast in bed with a cup of coffee, a good book and a cat.
- What is the trait you least like about yourself?
- What do you consider to be the most overrated virtues?
Honesty. I really don’t want to hear what you think about my procrastination.
- Greatest regret?
Normally whatever I’ve said during the day. I have ‘just before I go to sleep’ remorse each night. There’s probably a German word for it.
- Who would be your nemesis?
If it could be a ‘what’ it would be carbohydrates.
- Which talent would you most like to have?
I would love to be able to sing in tune. I get so much joy from singing along to the radio in the car, but no one enjoys listening. My children won’t let me drive with the windows down in case anyone hears me. In my next life I will be a musically gifted, exercise loving, early rising, petite pert blonde with an olive complexion.
- Biggest dislike?
I can’t narrow down the contenders- I am the sort of person who shouts at the news.
- Qualities you admire in a man?
A sense of humour, intelligence, and a keen desire to do all the practical chores I despise.
- Qualities you admire in a woman?
A sense of humour, intelligence and a keen desire to organise my social life.
- What is your best characteristic?
If I’m amused I find it hard to get really cross when I should.
- What would your motto be?
Perfection is over rated.