Commentator and author Peter Newlinds reveals all in our quick burst 11 questions in 11 minutes. Peter’s sporting memoir Around the Grounds is available here.
- What is your idea of bliss?
Somewhere on the eastern seaboard of Australia, not a cloud in the sky it’s 24 degrees and the sea breeze is in.
- What is the trait you least like about yourself?
Occasional rudeness. Stubbornness. Lack of flexibility (latter two can be helpful qualities).
- What do you consider to be the most overrated virtues?
Compassion. Concern. Generosity. I try no to be to down or cynical about the world.
- Greatest regret?
Professionally, never working at an Olympics but really very few.
- Who would be your nemesis?
I’m not sure that I really have one.
- Which talent would you most like to have?
To be able to play guitar and to have been a good rugby player.
- Biggest dislike?
- Qualities you admire in a man?
Loyalty, intelligence, empathy, courtesy, sense of humour.
- Qualities you admire in a woman?
Same as above.
- What is your best characteristic?
Consistency of purpose. Once undertaken an unwavering commitment to a task. Add to that, sense of humour.
- What would your motto be?
Today it would be, A healthy mind in a healthy body or Mens Sana in Corpore Sano. (I’m not a Carlton FC supporter)